The Tourist Assistance Service (Servicio de Atención al Turista- SAT) is a free of charge service that provides guidance both for national and foreign tourists, besides of assistance when a hired touristic service are not delivered according to the agreements or contracts between, for instance, a tourist and a travel agency.
In order to be of service, it has teams formed by assistants that will be at your service both by telephone and in person, depending on the situation.
Such service will be provided in Spanish or in English.
SITUATIONS IN WHICH A TOURIST SHOULD CONTACT THE SAT:
- When there is breach of contract, unsatisfactory service or ill-advice, from a tourist service provider (For instance: airlines, travel agencies, hotels, restaurants, and so on).
- When you are in need of guidance in a certain situation such as loss or theft of documents or any other personal belongings.
- If you consider that you have paid a different price (superior to the regular one) because you are foreigner.
- If you experience inconsistencies when addressing police, customs or migration agents.
- When you need guidance about customs or immigration procedures
If you wish to receive touristic information
Offices in Lima: Calle la Prosa # 138, San Borja
Telephone: (0511) 224 – 7888
PO Box: 1596 – Lima 1
National telephone: 0-800-42579 (Collect call if made from Peru)
Offices in Cusco: Portal de Carrizos # 250 y Aeropuerto Internacional Velasco Astete
Telephone: +51 (084) 25 29 74